Information Security Administrator
Contego is a highly-focused, professional services firm, committed to IT Governance, Risk Management and Compliance services. We partner with our clients to identify the most critical risks to their business. We then provide holistic services to mitigate and manage those risks.
Contego Inc. has been helping organizations with their Information Security challenges since 2001. We have grown into one of the oldest and most successful Risk Management Consulting companies in Canada. Our proven Methodology, depth of services and client education are second to none. We have clients across Canada and the United States that have benefitted from our standards-based risk approach to helping them achieve industry compliance and building Risk Management and Compliance strategies.
Reporting to the Director, Risk and Compliance, the incumbent is self-motivated, energetic, driven for success and results oriented. Knowledge of common industry technologies and basic networking skills supports delivery and execution of our security services.
This entry-level position will enable the chosen candidate to learn the cybersecurity industry from the inside. General duties will include:
- Configure, support and evaluate security tools.
- Review network designs and evaluate compliance to applicable security standards.
- Analyze client responses to questionnaire(s) and report to Management
- Evaluate project initiation and other security documents.
- Knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, KERBEROS, RADIUS and FTP.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems by diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults for clients
- Ability and willingness to provide support during off hours when necessary depending on business needs
- Superior troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and cooperative sills
- Proven understanding of networking/wireless, firewalls and VPN
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Situational Analysis
- Willingness to be trained
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- A customer focused attitude
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical/support position
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the following topics:
- Operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows)
- A bachelor’s degree / Diploma in a relevant area of study with preference for Computer Science, Information Security or Computer Engineering
- A basic knowledge of goverance and/or best practice frameworks such as: ITIL, ISO, PCI-DSS